Plant Operations Supervisor
The Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) brings a competitive edge to Massachusetts municipal utilities dedicated to providing their customers with low-cost and reliable electricity. We plan, develop and manage energy resources in an evolving marketplace that requires high levels of innovation and expertise. Our values are old-fashioned, reflecting 40 years of public power joint action, but our service is enlightened.
We are currently seeking a Plant Operations Supervisor for our Stony Brook Energy Center. This person will be responsible for the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the Stony Brook Energy Center through the direct and indirect supervision of all operations personnel.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of four Shift Supervisors, and the indirect supervision of 15 full time Plant Operations Shift workers, as well as maintaining the plant operations schedule.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for improvements to all aspects of plant operations and maintenance.
- Fill in as Shift Supervisor as necessary, performing the duties of that job which involves supervising all aspects of plant operations on shift. This typically means filling in for about 40 watches per year, including some nights and weekend shifts.
- Oversee plant water chemistry and supervise plant operations and maintenance personnel working in the lab.
- Responsible for preparing and following Operations Department budget.
- Maintain records, and keep personnel informed of unusual or problem situations and activities and briefing personnel at time of shift change.
- Act as Plant Manager in his/her absence.
- Act as Maintenance Supervisor and/or Technical Services Supervisor in their respective absences.
- Plan and coordinate Operations Department outage scheduling and activities and assist with overall outage planning.
- Help coordinate equipment operation to allow for scheduled maintenance.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor and Technical Services Supervisor in developing and adjusting plant maintenance strategies and planning.
- Participate in various projects as assigned, including on-site support for the Berkshire Wind Project.
- Quality Assurance Officer for the Integrity Management Plan.
- Oversee all IMP activities to ensure that they are fully compliant with the plan.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical degree or high school diploma and equivalent experience
- 1st Class Mass Stationary Engineer’s License
- Special licenses/certificates, etc.: Massachusetts Wastewater Operator License Grade 1
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in power plant operations with supervisory / management experience
- Experience in power plant apparatus and theory
- Must possess knowledge of plant equipment repair, maintenance and operations, as well as maintenance of plant instrumentation and control systems, power plant performance, heat rate analysis and economic evaluation and effective power plant chemistry programs.
MMWEC offers a competitive salary & benefits package including a savings retirement plan with a company match. We foster an environment that challenges employees to be passionate, energetic, proactive, and progressive.
Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) eagerly accepts applications for employment from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, GINA, marital status, gender identity, age, ancestry, veteran status, mental or physical handicap, and political belief or affiliation.
MMWEC will only accept applications for open positions.