Control Room Operator
The Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) brings a competitive edge to Massachusetts municipal utilities dedicated to providing their customers with low-cost and reliable electricity. We plan, develop and manage energy resources in an evolving marketplace that requires high levels of innovation and expertise.
We are currently seeking to add a Control Room Operator at MMWEC’s Stony Brook Power Plant in Ludlow, Massachusetts.
- This position is accountable for the safe and efficient control and operation of boilers, gas and steam turbines and all associated equipment during an assigned shift, from the Control Room or from local-control stations adjacent to the equipment. Reports to the Shift Supervisor(s), and normally provides operational guidance to the ACRO and AO.
- Responsible for following established operating procedures with reference to proper time and heating limitations when bringing equipment into service and on-line
- Required to exercise independent judgment when addressing operational issues as applicable.
- Responsible for DOT related gas pipeline duties and is subject to a DOT compliant drug testing program.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to obtain or currently have a Massachusetts Second Class Engineer’s license.
- Ability to become certified for various high pressure gas pipeline tasks through our Operation Qualification program with Veriforce.
- Combined Cycle power plant experience preferred
MMWEC offers a competitive salary and benefits package including robust medical and dental benefits with low employee cost, a savings retirement plan with a 6% company contribution and up to an additional 3% company match, earned vacation time, sick time, and 11 paid holidays. Position also offers a rotating schedule to foster work life balance. Our company prides itself in creating an environment that challenges employees to be passionate, energetic, proactive, and progressive.
Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) eagerly accepts applications for employment from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, GINA, marital status, gender identity, age, ancestry, veteran status, mental or physical disability, and political belief or affiliation.