The Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) brings a competitive edge to Massachusetts municipal utilities. We plan, develop and manage energy resources in an evolving marketplace that requires high levels of innovation and expertise. All while remaining dedicated to providing municipal utility customers with low-cost, low carbon and reliable electricity.
We are currently seeking to add a Junior Analyst to our Market Management & Planning Team. This person will be responsible for the analysis and reporting on the wholesale energy market position and carbon intensity for 20+ municipally owned utilities in the Commonwealth. This role will provide vital support to the analyst team and member utilities to help balance their energy supply and procurement strategies and achieve compliance with Net Zero 2050 goals. All while becoming familiar with wholesale energy management and market operations in the New England region and beyond.
If you are looking to be part of something bigger and work alongside all different types of professionals who are driven and innovation minded in a rapidly evolving industry, then the Energy Industry is for you! Through this role with MMWEC, you will build a foundational understanding and operational knowledge of the wholesale energy market and industry.
- Data research and use of various software’s to compile extensive reports.
- Analysis of reports on impactful topics like Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Retail Electric Rate Comparisons, Power Asset Economic Performance.
- Communicate report findings/performance to member systems and internal audiences.
- Preform wholesale electric demand meter readings daily.
- Ensure data quality and integrity of meter data through validation processes.
- Distribute meter data reporting to all internal and external stakeholders in conjunction with a final database population, including resettlement process management.
- Perform transaction scheduling support functions.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline; Math, Science, Economics, Accounting or Engineering.
- Ability to demonstrate sufficient analytical problem solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SQL and/or other relational database management systems.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
MMWEC offers a competitive salary and benefits package including robust medical and dental benefits with low employee cost, a savings retirement plan with a 6% company contribution and up to an additional 3% company match, earned vacation time, sick time, and 11 paid holidays. Our company prides itself in creating an environment that challenges employees to be passionate, energetic, proactive, and progressive.
Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) eagerly accepts applications for employment from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, GINA, marital status, gender identity, age, ancestry, veteran status, mental or physical disability, and political belief or affiliation.