Assistant Control Room Operator
The Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) brings a competitive edge to Massachusetts municipal utilities dedicated to providing its customers with low-cost and reliable electricity. We plan, develop and manage energy resources in an evolving marketplace that requires high levels of innovation and expertise. Our values are old-fashioned, reflecting 40 years of public power joint action, but our service is enlightened.
We currently have an opening for an Assistant Control Room Operator at the Stony Brook Energy Center.
- This position is accountable for supporting the Control Room Operator in the safe and efficient control and operation of boilers, gas and steam turbines and all associated equipment during an assigned shift, from the control room or from local control stations adjacent to the equipment.
- This position reports to the Shift Supervisor but comes under the functional direction of the Control Room Operator in the performance of specific tasks, as required.
- The incumbent works in coordinated activity with the Control Room Operator and/or the Auxiliary Operator to operate generating units and all other appurtenances as required for the efficient and safe operation of the generating station.
- The incumbent may also operate other systems/equipment such as regenerate demineralizers as needed and all other duties as assigned or directed. The incumbent takes over the duties of the Control Room Operator as necessary.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- This position requires a Massachusetts Third Class Engineer’s license however, a Second Class Engineer’s license is preferred.
- Must be capable of being certified through NGA for various phases of pipeline operations and maintenance.
- This position is responsible for DOT related gas pipeline duties and is subject to a DOT compliant drug testing program.
MMWEC offers a competitive salary & benefits package including both a pension and savings retirement plan with company match. We foster an environment that challenges employees to be passionate, energetic, proactive, and progressive.
Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) eagerly accepts applications for employment from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, GINA, marital status, gender identity, age, ancestry, veteran status, mental or physical disability, and political belief or affiliation.
MMWEC will only accept applications for open positions.