Energy Market Analyst
The Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) brings a competitive edge to Massachusetts municipal utilities dedicated to providing its customers with low-cost and reliable electricity. We plan, develop and manage energy resources in an evolving marketplace that requires high levels of innovation and expertise. Our values are old-fashioned, reflecting 40 years of public power joint action, but our service is enlightened.
We are currently seeking an experienced Energy Market Analyst for our Market Management and Planning Business Unit. This person will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Forward Capacity Market (FCM) and the Forward Reserve Market (FRM), with a working knowledge of the New England wholesale electricity market rules and procedures.
- Fulfill all Forward Capacity Market (FCM) related reporting requirements and obligations
- Calculate and submit Self-Supply designations.
- Monitor and participate in the Forward Capacity Auctions.
- Execute all Forward Reserve Market (FRM) related reporting requirements and obligations for Member Systems
- Submit Forward Reserve bids on behalf of Member Systems
- Monitor and participate in the Forward Reserve Market auctions
- Oversee Assigned Portfolios of Power Costs Reports, Power Cost Forecasts and Asset Performance Reports of Member Systems
- Prepare and analyze periodic Power Portfolio Cost Reports, Forecasts and Asset Economic Reports
- Assist in communicating performance to member systems and internal audiences
- Perform Daily Peak Demand Forecasting and Remote Dispatch Operations
- Perform daily rotational duties such as duties involving asset generation and load demand bidding, peak alert forecasting and electronic vehicle charging scheduling
- Other projects and duties as assigned
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in math, science, engineering, finance, economics, or related field
- 2-3 years of job related experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
- SQL knowledge is a plus
- Experience in customer service is also a plus
- Demonstration of sufficient analytical problem solving skills is a must
- Must have the ability to work efficiently within time constraints while meeting Member System demands
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are also key
MMWEC offers a competitive salary & benefits package including both a pension and savings retirement plan with company match. We foster an environment that challenges employees to be passionate, energetic, proactive, and progressive.
Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) eagerly accepts applications for employment from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, GINA, marital status, gender identity, age, ancestry, veteran status, mental or physical disability, and political belief or affiliation.
MMWEC will only accept applications for open positions.