Energy Efficiency Specialist
The Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) brings a competitive edge to Massachusetts municipal utilities dedicated to providing their customers with low-cost and reliable electricity. We plan, develop and manage energy resources in an evolving marketplace that requires high levels of innovation and expertise. Our values are old-fashioned, reflecting 40 years of public power joint action, but our service is second to none.
We are currently seeking to add an Energy Efficiency Specialist to the team. This person will be responsible for planning and developing the energy efficiency and demand programs for Members’ systems. They will also assist Members with program implementation in conjunction with vendors or other third parties, and act as a voice of the programs and sounding board for Member and Program Participants feedback.
- Conservation, Efficiency and Demand Response Program Development and Administration
- Coordinate with Energy Efficiency Program Manager to provide oversight and direction to activity tracking and other administrative and program functions
- Develop and update generic MMWEC efficiency plan for energy efficiency programs for members, including program description and delivery mechanisms, cost effectiveness evaluations providing savings and cost benefit analysis
- Implement end use customer energy efficiency programs in conjunction with member systems, vendors and other third parties
- Perform the annual evaluations of MMWEC efficiency programs by implementing standard measurement and verification processes to measure and determine program savings
- Oversee import and reliability of rebate, audit, and other appropriate data into MMWEC database(s)
- Attendance at NEPOOL meetings to represent MMWEC and Member interests
- Administration of the MMWEC Home Energy Loss Prevention Services (HELPS) and Green Opportunities (GO) Programs
- Assist the municipal light departments with marketing HELPS and GO to their ratepayers, addressing service complaints, reviewing rebate applications and responding to inquiries
- Maintain communications with the external audit provider to ensure compliance with regulation and requests from Department of Energy Resources (DOER)
- Provide program quality control through the review of monthly billings to ensure correct charge, any audit customers surveys and field inspections of auditors
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Sustainability or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years of industry related experience
- Experience in conservation and load management technology, analytical techniques for financial, economic, conservation and load management evaluations
- Working knowledge of electric utility business operations, personal computer skills and some marketing skills
MMWEC offers a competitive salary & benefits package including both a pension and savings retirement plan with company match. We foster an environment that challenges employees to be passionate, energetic, proactive, and progressive.
Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) eagerly accepts applications for employment from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, GINA, marital status, gender identity, age, ancestry, veteran status, mental or physical disability, and political belief or affiliation.
MMWEC will only accept applications for open positions.