The Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) brings a competitive edge to Massachusetts municipal utilities dedicated to providing their customers with low-cost and reliable electricity. We plan, develop and manage energy resources in an evolving marketplace that requires high levels of innovation and expertise. Our values are old-fashioned, reflecting 40 years of public power joint action, but our service is enlightened.
We are currently seeking a Plant Manager for our Stony Brook Energy Center. This person will be responsible for budgeting, planning, coordinating and managing the overall plant operations and maintenance functions of the Stony Brook Energy Center (“SBEC”), while ensuring the availability and competitiveness of both Stony Brook and the Berkshire Wind Power Project (“Berkshire”) in a climate of deregulation and competition within the utility industry.
- Develop detailed O&M budgets and, develop and maintain methods to track operating and maintenance costs for the SBEC and Berkshire assets
- Oversee budget management, bid processing, operational information and ensure the proper allocation of all SBEC and Berkshire costs
- Manage the efforts of first line supervisors by providing clear direction and guidelines in such areas as work assignments, priorities, safety, training, performance evaluations, labor relations and other management areas important to the improvement of productivity and employee relations
- Maximize the value of the Physical Plant in the market, providing the lowest cost products to owners, deliver power at less the LMP’s
- Ensure a safe and efficient maintenance and operations of the SBEC and Berkshire Wind to ensure optimum availability and minimizing unscheduled downtime by setting maintenance priorities and resolving emergency repair problems
- Coordinate spare parts inventory with procurement staff
- Recommend and implement outage plans and work schedules for major overhauls and unit inspections
- Ensure compliance with state and federal agencies, insurance code requirements, ISO-New England, and NERC requirements
- Manage the Operation and Maintenance of the Berkshire Wind Project
- Participate in various projects as assigned
- This position is On call 24 hours per day, 365days
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree and 1st Class Mass Stationary Engineer’s License
- Special licenses/certificates, etc: Massachusetts Wastewater Operator License Grade 2
- 10 or more years of experience
- Expert in power plant generation, maintenance, theories and technical requirements
- Experience in personnel matters, power plant economics, budgets and good and services acquisitions
- Experience in all phases of ISO plant bidding, scheduling and unit data tracking
MMWEC offers a competitive salary & benefits package including a savings retirement plan with a company match. We foster an environment that challenges employees to be passionate, energetic, proactive, and progressive.
Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) eagerly accepts applications for employment from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, GINA, marital status, gender identity, age, ancestry, veteran status, mental or physical handicap, and political belief or affiliation.
MMWEC will only accept applications for open positions.