The Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) brings a competitive edge to Massachusetts municipal utilities dedicated to providing their customers with low-cost and reliable electricity. We plan, develop and manage energy resources in an evolving marketplace that requires high levels of innovation and expertise. Our values are old-fashioned, reflecting 40 years of public power joint action, but our service is enlightened.
We are currently seeking a Plant Manager for our Stony Brook Energy Center (SBEC). SBEC is a 520 megawatt plant with five GE dual fuel gas turbines -- two simple cycle and a three-on-one combined cycle units operating in the ISO New England markets. The Plant Manager will be responsible for strategic planning, budgeting, coordinating staff and leading the overall plant operations and maintenance functions of SBEC. He/she will ensure the availability and competitiveness of SBEC in a climate of deregulation and competition within the utility industry.
- Lead the efforts of management and staff by providing clear direction and guidelines in such areas as work assignments, priorities, performance evaluations, labor relations and other management areas important to continuous improvement
- Develop and manage detailed O&M budgets to meet MMWEC’s financial obligations to its customers
- Manage all OSHA and other regulatory compliance requirements, procedures, employee certifications, records and training
- Manage safe and efficient maintenance and operations practices to ensure optimum reliability/availability and minimize unscheduled downtime by setting maintenance priorities and resolving emergency repairs
- Lead project management and work schedules for annual outages, major overhauls and unit inspections with staff
- Ensure compliance with state and federal agencies, insurance code requirements, ISO-New England, and NERC requirements
- Responsible for supporting SBEC 24/7, 365 days a year station requirements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Ten or more years of experience
- Knowledge of power plant generation, maintenance, and technical requirements
- Project management capabilities
- Interpersonal skills, goal setting and accountability
- Demonstrated ability in applying strategic thinking
- Experience in managing personnel matters, power plant economics, and budget management
- Knowledge in ISO-NE wholesale markets
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
MMWEC offers a competitive salary & benefits package including a savings retirement plan with a company match. We foster an environment that challenges employees to be passionate, energetic, proactive, and progressive.
Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) eagerly accepts applications for employment from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, GINA, marital status, gender identity, age, ancestry, veteran status, mental or physical handicap, and political belief or affiliation.
MMWEC will only accept applications for open positions.