Shift Supervisor - Power Plant
The Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) brings a competitive edge to Massachusetts municipal utilities dedicated to providing their customers with low-cost and reliable electricity. We plan, develop and manage energy resources in an evolving marketplace that requires high levels of innovation and expertise. Our values are old-fashioned, reflecting 40 years of public power joint action, but our service is enlightened.
We currently have an opening for a Shift Supervisor at the Stony Brook Energy Center.
- Responsible for the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the Stony Brook Energy Center which is comprised of simple cycle and combined cycle generation units with a total capacity of 526 mw.
- The Stony Brook Energy Center includes three off-site infrastructures; a natural gas pipeline, a fuel oil pipeline and a 345KV transmission line.
- Monitor the operation of a wind turbine site remotely, and communicate dispatch instructions to several other generating units for which Stony Brook serves as the Designated Entity for ISO-NE dispatching.
- The Shift Supervisor is required to often make independent decisions associated with starting, stopping and operating all power plant equipment including multiple generating units.
- Ensure complete compliance with all safety, environmental, FERC, NERC, NPCC and ISO-New England requirements.
- Provide plant operations and equipment training for staff members. This includes but is not limited to training and promoting a strong safety culture as safety is our #1 priority.
- Make economic decisions regarding the operation of the units in the ISO-New England markets including requesting de-commitments, self-scheduling and extending dispatched operations.
- Monitor ISO-New England dispatch communications and, notifies or controls off-site MMWEC Member Systems generators.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- 8 to 14 years of power plant experience, including 4 years in a combined cycle plant
- Must be proficient with combined cycle plant operations and have expertise with all power plant auxiliaries
- Must have at least 3 years of supervisory experience
- Candidate must possess a valid Massachusetts First or Second Class Engineer’s license
- Grade 1 Industrial Waste Water license preferred
- Current MA grade 1C and 3A hoisting licenses preferred
- Must be able to attain Convex switching and tagging certification and, gas pipeline operator qualifications as required by the Federal DOT
MMWEC offers a competitive salary & benefits package including a savings retirement plan with a company match. We foster an environment that challenges employees to be passionate, energetic, proactive, and progressive.
Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) eagerly accepts applications for employment from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, GINA, marital status, gender identity, age, ancestry, veteran status, mental or physical handicap, and political belief or affiliation.
MMWEC will only accept applications for open positions.