Human Resources Business Partner
The Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) brings a competitive edge to Massachusetts municipal utilities dedicated to providing their customers with low-cost and reliable electricity. We plan, develop and manage energy resources in an evolving marketplace that requires high levels of innovation and expertise.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) who will serve as a strategic partner for all HR matters. This individual will develop and foster trusting relationships with all levels of management and employees within the organization to gain support for company initiatives and achieve results. This position will regularly review and make recommendations to management for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices. Also, this individual is expected to proactively identify, communicate and develop solutions to changes in regulations or workplace activities that could affect MMWEC’s employment practices.
In this multifaceted and individual contributor position, you will contribute to the company's success by providing strategic support and HR services in the areas of employee relations, labor relations, compensation analysis, employee development, all levels of compliance, training, and communication.
- Establish and maintain workplace practices concerning employment laws and employee relations to ensure compliance with regulatory mandates
- Ensure compliance with and manage all aspects of the Bargaining Unit Labor Agreement.
- Maintain employee compensation data and oversee the performance appraisal process.
- Monitor and develop benefit programs for the company.
- Maintain, develop, interpret and ensure compliance with company policies.
- Responsible for employee development and trainings.
- Stay up to date on all federal and state regulations to effectively manage compliance.
- Responsible for HR budget including analysis, adherence and annual development.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or professional training and experience required
- 10 or more years of job related experience
- Must have generalist knowledge of Human Resources functions and laws with specific knowledge of polices and procedures
- A working knowledge of Employee Relations law is required
- Professional office environment and power plant. Occasional travel.
MMWEC offers a competitive salary and benefits package including robust medical and dental benefits with low employee cost, a savings retirement plan with a 6% company contribution and up to an additional 3% company match, earned vacation time, sick time, and 11 paid holidays. Our company prides itself in creating an environment that challenges employees to be passionate, energetic, proactive, and progressive.
Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) eagerly accepts applications for employment from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, GINA, marital status, gender identity, age, ancestry, veteran status, mental or physical disability, and political belief or affiliation.